Sunday, November 2, 2014

A New Culinary Experience in Arequipa

Soon after arriving in Arequipa, Phill got feverish and wasn't feeling too well. While we initially planned on doing some hiking, we decided it would be better to lay low for a few days since we had Machu Picchu ahead of us.

I had been wanting to take a cooking class since arriving in South America months ago, so I took this opportunity to learn more about Peruvian cuisine. 

The setup at Peruvian Cooking Experience

Going to attempt to make a rose

Can you guess which one is mine?

Chef Lady showing us how to prepare the tomatoes

Preparing the potatoes for the causa

Working on the final layer for my causa

Right out of the mold!

Final touches

Devouring the delicious layers of spicy potato, chicken salad and avo

Chef Lady can make a mean lomo saltado

Can you tell I'm a bit nervous?!

Finally got the hang of it

Adding the last few ingredients

Ready to plate

Like a pro

Lovely couple I met at the class

Causa is now a new favorite and I'm excited to make this again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment